AV-arkki’s main mission is to promote Finnish media art. Towards this end, AV-arkki offers its members many services.
Against the membership fee, members get a.o.:
– Their own web gallery/portfolio in AV-arkki’s web service
– The possibility to offer works to AV-arkki’s archive. AV-arkki delivers all single channel works accepted into its archives to the National Audiovisual Institute KAVI for long term archiving.
– AV-arkki promotes its members’ works to curators, researchers, museums, festivals, events.
– AV-arkki offers advice and seminars on selling, producing, distributing and showing media art works, on the needed contracts, copyrights and other related issues.
– AV-arkki maintains a deadline calendar, which has information about submission deadlines for important media art festivals.
– AV-arkki offers its members affordable edit-services and help in sending screening copies.
– If you inform AV-arkki about events, exhibitions and festivals, where your work is being shown, we will add this to our information stream.
Works in AV-arkki’s archive may be distributed directly by AV-arkki to different events, festivals and exhibitions. 60% of any received screening fees are paid back as royalties to the artists, whose works have been shown.
Member artists can direct any enquiries about their work or requests for screening copies to AV-arkki. If referred to us sufficiently early before the event, AV-arkki will be in charge of:
– producing screening copies according to the requested technical specifications and delivering them to the end user.
– negotiating screening fees and billing them.
AV-arkki promotes media art together with other media art organizations and through its own development projects.
Consultation and edit services for members are at a discount rate:
Edit services, 60 € / hour (incl VAT 0%)
Postal costs within Finland, 15 €
Sending files electronically, 15 €
Consultation on other issues such as distribution or copyrights (when requested), 30 € / hour
AV-arkki’s membership fee is 60 euros (2019)