The International Festival for Documentary and Experimental Films UnderDox, held in Munich from October 10–16, presents a three-part special programme Finland in Focus. The first part is dedicated to works by Mika Taanila, who has curated the second part of the focus, a special screening on Finnish experimental short films. The first two parts will be screened in the Filmmuseum München. The third part of the focus is Jörn Donner’s documentary film Fuck Off! Images from Finland (1971), screened in Werkstattkino.
Showcase on selected works by Mika Taanila
Mika Taanila’s short film Optical Sound (2005) is included in the opening screening of the festival on Thursday, October 10, at 19:00. A feature-length camera-less lettrist film on fear of flying, Tectonic Plate (2016) will be screened on Friday, October 11, at 18:30.
Taanila’s early short mail-art film I Like This Silence (1989) and an anaglyphic 3D sports film Delay of Game (2017) will be screened with other Finnish experimental shorts on Saturday, October 12, at 18:30.
“Unknown Gestures: Finnish Experimental Shorts”
The short film screening “Unknown Gestures: Finnish Experimental Shorts” includes the following films:
- Eino Ruutsalo: The Jump (1965)
- Erkki Kurenniemi: Flora & Fauna (1965)
- Timo Aarniala, Pirjo Honkasalo, Anki Lindqvist, Timo Linnasalo, Inger Nylund, Erkki Seiro (1968): The Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth
- Pasi “Sleeping” Myllymäki: Gesture (1981)
- Mox Mäkelä: Heavy Metal (1994)
- Erkka Nissinen: Vantaa (2008)
- Maria Duncker: Evergreen (2013)
- Sami van Ingen: Flame (2018)
UnderDox, October 10–16 2019, Munich, Germany
More information: UnderDox